8.23.2015

THE ART OF RACING IN THE RAIN: BOOK REVIEW >>

Hey everybody! Panda here, and today I’ve decided to review the book The Art of Racing in the Rain, a book that really touched my heart in every single way.

Age Recommendation
For this particular book, though I loved it very much, I’d have to say the age rating should be 14 and up. Children younger than 14 should get a parent to at least skim through it before they read it. Though I read it at an age younger than 14, It’s not right for everyone. The book contains mature/dark themes such as cancer and death, and contains plenty of swearing and some sexuality.

My Rating + Review
An easy 5/5!! I absolutely adored this book, and the emotions I felt throughout it were very real. I cried, shrieked, and laughed really hard all the way through. The characters were very real and very-well written. It was beautiful and nearly perfect in every single way.

Plot
This book is about a journey, life, through the eyes of a lovable dog. It follows Enzo the dog’s short doggie life, and it talks about all of his adventures growing up with his human master, a car racer, and his wife and daughter. After a heartbreaking tragedy, Enzo watches the family fall apart and join together again. A very powerful, very uplifting story that will bring tears to anyone’s life. You will never look at your dog the same way again.


I highly recommend this book to everyone with a heart!

No comments :

Post a Comment